Are you finding it hard to keep up with your healthy New Year resolution? Did you make a lot of promises to yourself to keep sugar free and super healthy in January? Do you feel that it’s really difficult to stay true to all this? At the time when you made all these goals they sounded really good and easy! But in the end of the day or just during the day you grab a chocolate bar… because you are tired and didn't have an alternative!
Don’t worry. I’ve got you covered here with my 10 super snacks. They will keep you going towards your amazing new health goals, because I know you had some really good intentions for 2018.
The snacks are easy to make and you can pack them the day before or even make a bunch ready for the whole week.
1. Trail mix: Mix a small handful (that’s around 12) almonds with raisins and gojiberries. Then mix with 1 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon cardamom, 1 teaspoon raw cacao and a pinch of himalayan salt. Shake them in a glass jar and you have the perfect sweet and healthy trail mix.
2. Savory trail mix: Heat a small handful of almonds, pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds on a pan. Don’t burn them…just warm them. Take the pan off the stove and add turmeric, curry, paprika and, if you want it spicy, cayenne pepper. Mix the ingredients and leave to cool down, then it’s ready to pack for the week.
3. Veggie sticks: Cut carrots, cucumber and celery and pack it in some greaseproof paper. Then you have a perfect snack for the afternoon cravings. You could also make a hummus dip to bring along with your veggies. Yum yum…
4. Muesli bars: Here are the link for my yummy muesli bars. The perfect snack for kids and yourself.
5. Savory crackers: Are you more into savory crackers? Don’t worry, I got you covered here too; Head on over to my website and get the recipe for my yummy savory crackers:
6. Banana or apple with almond butter: Cut 1 banana/apple in half and spread with 1 teaspoon of almond butter. Sprinkle with cinnamon powder. Cinnamon helps stabilize your blood sugar level.
7. Boiled egg: Boil some eggs so you always have some in your fridge. Bring some along and sprinkle with salt - it’s a perfect protein snack to reduce your hunger.
8. Small, organic, plain yoghurt: Add some blueberries and you have a yummy and filling snack.
9. Fresh fruit: Cut cubes of pineapple or papaya and squeeze some lime on top of the fruit. Put in a small container and leave it in the fridge…now you have a fruit snack ready to stop your sugar cravings.
10. Seaweed: Seaweed is an amazing snack to eat. It’s crunchy and salty and full of nutrition. I get my seaweed on i-herb https://hk.iherb.com/pr/SeaSnax-Organic-Raw-Seaweed-1-0-oz-28-g/58779
Whenever you feel any kind of craving, drink a glass of water and then wait 15 minutes. How do you feel now in your body? Maybe you were just thirsty?
Or is something else going on in your life?
Sometimes cravings are signs of the body trying to get you to slow down and take a break, to re-view whatever you are doing. Is there something you need to change in your busy schedule?
Or did you in fact just need a yummy snack?